[DeTomaso] I hate being technically incompetent-stalling issue-I am back on the road with a new MSD box

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 19:12:07 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/16/08 15 45 59, kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com writes:

> I had a new MSD box installed in #5606 and everything is well again. It is
> a shame when the one, supposedly modern electronic upgrade to my Pantera
> fails and the whole car shuts down.

You can send your old one back to MSD and they'll overhaul it for you for a
nominal fee--mine cost $35.   It's always good to have a spare around.

If the box is not rubber-mounted in the car, it will shake itself to death
eventually--that's what happened to mine.   Also, if anybody welds on the car
with the box still connected, that will fry it as well.