[DeTomaso] Shifters are not created equal

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:07:39 EST 2008

I called the vendor just a bit ago, he was very helpful and is sending me a shim to place.  I think I am the first to complain about this.  This may not affect later cars as mine is a push button and has various oddities I find from time to time.  I likely should have noticed it was not the bushings originally but without caliper measurement is is hard to "eyeball".  With the taller knob on it is too much free play in my IMHO so I will try to alleviate it.

I am not trying to give the vendors a hard time-I am glad we have them.  I just thought I would ask if anyone else's car has had this problem.  Having taken the whole shift mechanism apart for the 3rd time to make it near perfect has me slightly sensitive to this issue I guess.

Clay