[DeTomaso] stroke

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 23:38:24 EST 2008

Do you mean "compression height"?  The compression height (CH) is the distance the pin is below the top of the piston.  With the 9.2 block:

9.2 inches = stroke/2 + rod length + CH

With your parts it is:

CH = 9.2 - 6 - (3.5/2) = 1.45 inches for a zero deck.

for a 3,85 stroke:

CH = 9.2 - 6 - (3.85/2) = 1.275 inches for a zero deck.

I did this quickly and don't promise the math is correct, but you get the idea?

Ken