[DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker Personal Opinion

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Dec 15 18:39:44 EST 2008

Ahh, but what you forget is a few of us are drummers, who still have good hearing thanks to using earplugs, but still enjoy some kinds of music the way they were designed to be heard; LOUD!  Also, when I redid all the inside and engine bay areas of my Pantera, I used dynamat-type stuff on both sides of the firewall, extra insulation between the inside firewall and bulkhead, and foam padding between the bulkhead and its leather covering.

Although it could never be considered a quiet ride, it's surprising how non-loud it is, yet from the cockpit, the engine still sounds great.  If one has good enough equipment, it's quite possible to enjoy great fidelity even when in a Pantera.

Sort of like the analogy you offered, except you have night-vision goggles, so you CAN tell with whom you are spending those intimate moments.  The difference is, you can stay blindfolded if you want, but if you'd rather have the option of yet another level of excitement, you can take the blindfold off!

I have no problem with those who love the radio delete plate.  After all, I ride a V-max with only a small windshield.  One of my previous bikes had a full faring and saddle bags.  Comfortable?  Yes.  What I want to feel when riding a motorcycle?  No.  When on a motorcycle, I want to feel the speed and power; not be coddled.  By the way, I have no stereo on the V-Max...  Kind of a good analogy, methinks!

Sincerely,

Chris
#3846> From: red3644 at hotmail.com> To: adin at frontier.net; detomaso at realbig.com> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:42:22 -0600> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker Personal Opinion> > > You're not crazy Dave. The best addition I made to the dash was a good original radio delete plate.> (radios and police scanner are not visible) I'm enjoying the car too much and paying attention> to the sounds, good and bad, that it's making. Just me.> Michael> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:17:55 -0700> From: adin at frontier.net> To: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker Personal Opinion> > Hypothetically (from an old photographer that can't spell) let's say > we are going to give you the opportunity to make love in privacy > un-interupted to a woman. The environmental circumstances are as > follows: any place comfortable for you. The "spoiler" is this: you > will be blindfolded and in the dark.> > Now: what really matters when it comes to choosing your partner? > Cleanliness - most certainly. Knowledge and skill in the art of > lovemaking - duh. Aromatics - shouldn't clean cover this? but you > know what? visual attractivness doesn't mean squat. any smooth > grandma (and a grandma can have smooth skin, don't ask me how I know) > will fill the bill here, providing she passes the other criteria, right?> > Now, driving down the road in my Pantera the only time I can hear > music is when the volume of the music cause me to bleed from the ears. > Putting a "high-zoot" sound system into a car that is quite > literally deafening seems just a little dumb.> > the Lincoln MKVIII (the only veehickle within reach) is only quiet > enough to enjoy music at "town speeds" - on the highway even the the > Mark is too noisy.> It just seems that there is good reason some say the Cleveland is all > you need.> > Am I crazy? Or is a chain saw the only enjoyment left?> > > > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> _________________________________________________________________> Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. > http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad2_122008> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso