[DeTomaso] DOT-5 Brake fluid myths

Ross Harvey chaos at ross.aero
Mon Dec 15 15:16:31 EST 2008

And in military and light civil aircraft, which aren't forced to use nasty
Skydrol, they STILL don't use silicone-anything or any other car product,
they use Mil-H-5606 and Mil-H-83282 which are red hydraulic oils. Yes, I've
seen 5606 burn. (Pilot dragged one brake down a mile-long taxiway and
started a small fire. Some homebuilts have polymer brake lines, go figure.)