[DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker install question

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:27:28 EST 2008

Thanks.  That seems easy enough.
My head unit is hooked directly to the amp with RCA already and then from the amp to the speakers, but the fronts are to the woofers so I will change fronts to tweeters.

I had a couple of questions about the two options:

So in option #1 the amp is bridged from 4 to 2 channels?  Will that increase the watts to 200 from 100 and blow up the speakers if they are only 75 watt RMS?
I had been told not to bridge it for that reason but to buy the 4 channel and only use 2 channels.  I wanted the 150 watt 2 channel as it was cheaper but once again they said it would eventually blow the speakers.  On the 4 channel mode it will be 100 watts per speaker correct (4 x 100 watt) and thus can't blow the speakers?

I would like to do option # 1, I will get the capacitors and solder.  Do I need to bridge it as above for more power?  I thought bridge just means combine channels and it double the power.

It seems the only difference in option 1 and 2 if I use capacitors on both options is to run 4 channel versus 2 channel bridged?

Thanks again.

Clay