[DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker install question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Dec 14 21:31:21 EST 2008

When you say "front" and "rear" so you mean the system has a four channel amp, and you use the fader in the stereo head unit to control the back to front balance?  If so, and if the amp has no electronic  crossovers in use, then the tweeters must have capacitors in line to eliminate low frequencies.  If that is the case, then the woofers are probably getting full-range frequencies, which is OK.  That being the case, it wouldn't matter which were front and which were rear.

If, on the other hand, the amp has electronic crossovers built in, then you should use the high pass channels for the tweeters and the low pass for the woofers.

If the amp has the same crossover options for both front and rear channels, then all you have to do is switch the crossover frequencies from front to back, change the wires for the woofers and tweeters the same, and that's that.

Of course, it would probably be easier just to switch the line inputs from the head unit.  Switch the front to back and visa-versa and that should do the same thing.

If you can give me more detail I can help you more effectively.

Thanks!

Chris