[DeTomaso] Pantera Stereo/Speaker install question

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 14 20:50:50 EST 2008

I just put in a new stereo and speakers but kept my amp that came with the car for now.  The speakers are component as were the previous (two 6.5 inch woofers and two 1.25 inch tweeters).
The last guy had the woofers as front speakers and the tweeters as rear.  The tweeters are in the front of the car and the woofers are in the door.
Shouldn't the tweeters be front and the woofers be rear??
Also, if my battery is a gel mat is it safe to mount the cross overs behind the battery?

Thanks in advance.

CW