[DeTomaso] ford brake fluid

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 13:14:55 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/14/08 10 00 10, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> Please describe the correct ford brake fluid I should by for the race car.
> I am forgetful of what has been said before until I buy and see it.

Ford actually makes an excellent brake fluid, that delivers good performance
and is quite cheap.   However, I have since become a convert to ATE brake
fluid, which is simply better, and only a little more expensive.

As an added bonus, ATE makes the same fluid in two different colors
(traditional amber, and a very distinct blue).   This makes flushing the system (which
you should do periodically) quite simple.   You fill the system with blue
fluid, then bleed the brakes until all the drainage from the calipers is pure
blue.   Then when it comes time to change again, you siphon the blue out of the
master, fill it with amber, and repeat the process until you're bleeding pure
amber fluid.

Direct link to the blue stuff, with an indirect link to the amber stuff,
appears here:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/ate/ate_superblue_fluid.jsp