[DeTomaso] IMPORTANT TO ALL AMERICANS / Dick Ruzzin

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Thu Dec 11 12:18:32 EST 2008

You mean 200 hours?

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On Behalf Of dickruzzindesign
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:18 AM
To: JDeRyke at aol.com; Detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] IMPORTANT TO ALL AMERICANS / Dick Ruzzin

Here are the published numbers.

Detroit companies pay $18.00 more per hour to manufacture with the "new" revised union agreement, including healthcare and retirement costs.
Using 2000 hours to build a car with options, that is a negative of $3600.00 for GM.

The Malibu, Car of the Year in 2008, out performs its main Toyota competitor and is priced competitively.

GM makes peanuts and Toyota is looked at as some kind of hero, taking our money back to Japan.

Transplant companies get far more parts from overseas than the domestics and enjoy a non union workforce that works for less.

Again, the foreign competitors bear the fruits of millions spent in Washington to look superior, aided by our corrupt political administration.

They look that way but are not. The US companies have spent years under this unfair business climate and are just now emerging with many superior products. The imports are now worried about this emerging strength by our companies.
Toyota is falling off and GM and Ford are rising. This has to be nipped in the bud by the foreign companies.
--
All the best, Dick Ruzzin.
dickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd. Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230 / Phone: +313-824-0539  Cell: 313-300-9558