[DeTomaso] automotive related questions!

Paul - Home thedrol at pobox.com
Wed Dec 10 16:05:42 EST 2008

I have a few guesses and they are only guesses because the standard
Chevy firing order also supports crossing the banks to get 180 degree
headers.

1. It didn't fit well in the body work
2. They just didn't care to optimize that closely
3. They were running a flat crank which doesn't need to cross banks.

For reference they are called 180 degree headers because each exhaust
pipe will output once every 180 degrees of crank rotation.

Paul