[DeTomaso] allowing Detroit to fail

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Dec 10 12:36:49 EST 2008

Working for a US company, but outside of the US, I must say that this
story has a lot of merit.

I have been working for Swedish companies in the past, and the
management philosophy of US and Swedish companies are like night and day.

Swedish companies tend to have a flat management structure, and all
levels are more involved in the decision process. Employees are expected
to take own initiatives.

I just checked and I have 8 levels of managers above me.

Need I say that the stock is at around 1/70 of what it was when it
peaked in the summer of 2000?

Luckily I unloaded most stock and bought the 1984 GT5 in 2000. Had I
kept the stock it would have been worth less than $800 today. :-|

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21