[DeTomaso] My solution to the automaker problems

Robert Simpson R.Simpson35 at Verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 19:47:06 EST 2008

Kerry Maguire wrote:
Here is an article from Automotive News dated 9/22/08:
It is a shame that the Volt's gasoline engine does not have the capability
to charge the car's batteries.
Volt: A pricey short hauler?
Overshadowed Cruze is GM's real savior

Two words, Saturn EV1

Watch "Who Killed the Electric Car" available on DVD and NetFlix.

The claim for a need of oil independence was first made during the, drum
roll please..............Nixon administration.  So, since the 1970s we have
made major improvements in gas mileage and alternate sources of energy?????

If the oil situation and alternate energy issue were treated as what they
REALLY are, "A Clear and Present Danger to the Safety and Security of the
United States of America", things would be a tad different.

There should be a space race mentality in this country for alternative
fuels, the same drive and determination that our nation had during the
Kennedy administration.