[DeTomaso] NPC: REALLY NO PANTERA CONTENT, US Auto Industry Bailout OPINION

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:15:37 EST 2008

Well, here's the bad and the ugly, no good in sight.  This is from the charges against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich:

"The affidavit said Blagojevich also discussed getting a substantial salary for himself at a nonprofit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions.

It said Blagojevich also talked about getting his wife placed on corporate boards where she might get $150,000 a year in director's fees.

He also allegedly discussed getting campaign funds for himself or possibly a post in the president's cabinet or an ambassadorship once he left the governor's office. He noted becoming a U.S. senator might remake his image for a possible presidential run in 2016, according to the affidavit. And he allegedly said a Senate seat would also provide him with corporate contacts if he needed a job and present an opportunity for his wife to work as a lobbyist."

So he was looking for money (bribes) from unions and corporations, and thinking about running for president in 2016.  These are the people running our country, good luck.  It really does look like small businesses are the only honest game going.

I wonder if he even understands why what he was doing is wrong?

Bill Clinton "character does not count", I guess Bill meant character does not add to your bank account?

Ken