[DeTomaso] What you COULD have done to help Detroit

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 11:58:58 EST 2008

The unfortunate reality is that it took better Japanese cars to make Detroit build better cars, which they now do.  We are caught between a rock and a hard place.  Buy only American, and quality and innovation may largely disappear.  Buy only foreign, and we all loose our jobs.  I don't see a simple solution.  Maybe import taxes to adjust for cheap foreign labor and tax breaks/support from foreign governments?

Ken