[DeTomaso] 351 C Compression Question

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Dec 9 05:09:31 EST 2008

There has also beeing discussions about Hemi shape heads, in fact it has
been discussion about any single factor about piston-head shape. Making
each features appear as the single important one. No matter which is the
best quench shape, the walves will dictate most of it. Hemi chambers suffer
from beeing very large, 170cc, but it is a nice burning chamber shape if we
only look at the burning as such. Add a compressor and the hemi starts to
shine as a "burner". Take at a look at model airplane engine chambers, that
has no valve or incomming head runners, free to shape things as they want.
We have one chamber shape that is great for burning, one for quench, one
for swirl, one for compression and one for piston dome and valves. All of
these components will be of different influence depnding on the overall
engine
build. Not very easy to get right for us then.
Goran