[DeTomaso] ls engines

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:28:50 EST 2008

As someone who has owned cars with an LS6, LS1, and LS7 engine, I have to say that there is more to these engines than packaging.  There are phenomenal engines, with phenomenal heads and fantastic performance.  Although I love my clevelands and windsors, the LS engines are a league above them in capability, and the cost of building one of these compares favorably with the money I am putting into my aluminum-headed, iron block cleveland.  And I believe the same is true when comparing to the old 350 chevys.

Sorry for the rant, but I think we must give credit to GM for the best thing they have done in the last 20 years.  There is no other auto manufacturer that makes a V8 that is this good anymore.  I would rather see one of these in a pantera than ford's ridiculous modular motor.

Justin (still love all of you, even when discussing chevy engines)