[DeTomaso] 351 C Compression Question

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Mon Dec 8 15:30:28 EST 2008

Jack, thanks for the help... take a look at the link below...this is supposedly a 351 OEM dished piston that came in 351C 4V motor...but your's didn't have that? Our motors were considered the Cobra Jet motors as far as my research leads me...those might have had the flat top vs. the dished piston.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/pictures/dsfordguy/351cpiston2.jpg

https://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/all-ford-techboard/461295-anyone-know-cc-s-dishes-stock-351c-pistons.html#post1306321

Your comments are interesting about the Quenched heads...I have read conflicting reports that the Open Chamber heads had better flame travel because the plugs were not shrouded the way the quenched chamber plug was, but I have also read that the open chamber head was more susceptible to detonation.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich