[DeTomaso] I hate being technically incompetent-stalling issue-Well--a new coil did NOT do the trick

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Mon Dec 8 12:01:17 EST 2008

The old coil was pretty sorrowful looking and was replaced thinking that
it might be the culprit. The car started right up (something it didn't
do before the new coil was installed), drove fine for 5 miles and then
stalled again.

What was a little bit different this time is the event happened at night
and I could see flashes of light coming from the exhaust as the car
tried to start.

On a somewhat different note, my neighbor was driving by and saw the
Pantera parked by the side of the road with the emergency flashers
going. He offered help, but I told him that a flatbed is on the way, but
thanks for offering.

Then he said, "do you want to sell the car?"

Even though I was then and there experiencing my weakest moment of
ownership love for my car, I said no,

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire