[DeTomaso] 351 C Compression Question

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Mon Dec 8 09:53:50 EST 2008

My 72 351C (low compression open chamber heads) was rebuilt with TRW Forged flat top pistons. I've read that the original pistons in the 72 351's were dished which increases cylinder volume by 15cc? Does that sound right. I was looking for quenched chambers to bump the compression, but since my block was decked, the heads were shaved and the pistons pickedup 15cc, I may just keep my heads and be back on the road that much sooner.  It seems like I picked up more compression than I can get by going with the quenched chamber? Has anyone had the same experience.

I also going to make sure that my cam timing isn't retarded as setup originally.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich