[DeTomaso] Shifter adjustment, shorten shift rod

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:57:22 EST 2008

I recall this issue coming up in the past but cannot find the link.
How is the best way to adjust the shifting range of motion to phase shift to the drivers side 0.5 cm or so.  My shift rod drags the gate on 4th to 5th on the edge.  I already have the "fingerless" gate.

I also plan to cut my shift rod to shorten by about 1 inch.  How much can it be shortened and still function normally through the shift pattern?  I think one inch would make it more comfortable and look better IMHO.

Thanks in advance.

Clay