[DeTomaso] Stock Front & Rear Calipers for a 73L

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 01:58:34 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/6/08 4:10:43 PM, bwerner at live.com writes:

> it has sat for the last 25 years.  I can't remove some of the pistons in
> the front calipers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If 125 psi from an air compressor won't move the varnished-up pistons, try
reattaching the caliper to any of yourcar's brake systems. A working power brake
in any car will develop between 800-1200 psi in the brake lines if you stand
on the pedal. Be sure to put a thick wood block between piston-pairs that do
move, a c-clamp on the moveable one of a pair thats stuck, and put the whole
caliper in a plastic bag inside a garbage can, 'cause when that piston flies
out, there will be a memorable mess right behind it! I've had some that were
royally stuck but none I had to drill out yet! Good luck, Bill- J DeRyke