[DeTomaso] Battery question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Dec 6 17:16:11 EST 2008

Brent,

I recently replaced the regulator on my Mach I for just such an issue.
In my case, I have a good old fashioned lead-acid battery with caps on
it.  I kept blowing the caps off, which is an indication of
overcharging, creating too much gas in the battery and overwhelming the
standard vent system.  My measurements were very much like yours.  At no
time during my test run with the voltmeter, did the charge go below 16.5
volts.

I replaced the regulator and I'm not charging right around 14.5 to 15
where I would expect it to be and it varies by load as expected.

I new regulator was about $20 if I remember, from Napa.  The Pantera
uses the same one if I recall.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie