[DeTomaso] For the Record Re: REALBIG IS Soooo OLD SCHOOL

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Dec 6 14:34:45 EST 2008

I would like to say, for the record, that I think Mark McWhinney has
done a lot in the last two years to pull POCA into the 21st century.
The process was started a couple years before that when John Taphorn was
President of POCA, so he deserves credit for getting the ball rolling
and helping bird-dog the process.  Mark's tenacious attention,
investigation, questions, and sometimes dragging others of us in the IT
team together to noodle ideas, has resulted in the POCA site you see
today.  Much of it is to Mark's credit.  He has done the majority of
work in acquiring the resources, installing and configuring.  He has
spent a lot of time responding to and implementing suggestions.  The
really cool thing is the technology we chose for the new web site allows
us a greater breadth of freedom -TO- do these other neat things people
have suggested.

Yea....Mailman on realbig is pretty old school.  But you know.... I have
a calculator that is 35 years old and it still works.  As a Pantera
owner, I have a -car- that is 35 years old and still works (well, I -am-
still waiting for some parts but you get the idea)

I like the new forum, though I don't find myself frequenting it, just
like I don't frequent the PI forum.  But if somebody posts a message
here in the email forum, that points to a good thread at PI, I'm there
eating it up.  So for me, this email forum is a gateway to -all- the
great content.

Larry has adopted the forum paradigm more than I have, that's cool and
benefits all those who are more a forum junkie than me.  Don Thomas has
great points too and I appreciate his views.

I'm just happy we seem to be moving forward and are still able to
satisfy a lot of folks, old or new.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie