[DeTomaso] NPC: Question about car buying on eBay

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:22:11 EST 2008

WTF. Run Forest Run.   Ain't nobody going to drop 1200 for shipping on a rejected purchase. Crap 4 brains would do this deal

From:	"Doug Braun" <doug at silicondesigns.com>

Date:	Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:16:12
To: DeTomaso Forum<detomaso at realbig.com>
Subject: [DeTomaso] NPC: Question about car buying on eBay

Guys,

Does this smell of a scam or is this guy talking about a service that eBay
motors really provides?  He's selling a car on eBay and is claiming that
eBay has a trust service for being able to buy a car sight unseen with a
5-day inspection period.  Is he right?  Check out his wording below.

Doug Braun
------------------------------

I will be back on December 27 this year but we can close the transaction
safe for both of us through eBay.
 I'm offering you a secure deal and the car will be inspected on arrival by
eBay staff. You'll receive the car papers along with the car!

Here is how the process works:

- you give me your shipping address,
- I start a transaction on eBay Motors,
- they send you the payment instructions,
- you send the money into eBay trust account,
- they confirm me that they received the funds,
- I ship the car,
- you receive the car,
- they send me the money.

They will hold the money until the car is delivered to you, with properly
executed title. You will have 5 days for inspection. If the car is not like
described you will have to ship it back on my expense, but I am sure that
you will love it.

In order to move forward I will need your full name and address.

EBay will get in touch with you for further details and instructions.
Looking forward to hearing from you!