[DeTomaso] Adelailde 2008

rick mcclure rickrows at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:10:24 EST 2008

The link doesn't seem to work, so go in thru this forwarded e-mail - Veloce Today

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:52:47 +0000From: vack at cox.netTo: rickrows at hotmail.comSubject: VeloceToday (html) Message

(Mailing list information, including unsubscription instructions, is located at the end of this message.)

The Online Magazine forItalian & French Classic Car Enthusiasts

HOME

Subscribe
Talk to Us
Links
Tell a Friend
Shop

Donate

Old Fiat Enroute to New WorldDecember 3rd, 2008 Posted in News | No Comments »

Lorenzo Marchesini waits for his Fiat 500 to be shipped to the U.S.

Racing a Vintage Maserati 300SDecember 3rd, 2008 Posted in Maserati | No Comments »

At Infineon 2008, Peter LeSaffre drives the ex-Musy Maserati 300S.
By Pete Vack
In his epic book, Maserati 300S, Walter Baumer tells us a fascinating story about a little-known race driver by the name of Benoit Musy. Continue reading the article » » »

Maserati 300S Book ReviewDecember 3rd, 2008 Posted in Maserati | No Comments »

Maserati 300S by Walter Baumer
Review by Pete Vack, Editor, VeloceToday
295 mm x 290mm, 360 pages, 390 historical black and white and color, case bound with dust jacket and slip case. Price, $155 USD
Order Here
The most dog eared books (the ones most referred to and therefore cherished) we have in our office library are those with the little numbers and big pictures (both literally and figuratively). Continue reading the article » » »

Classic Italians at Classic Adelaide 2008December 3rd, 2008 Posted in Australia | No Comments »

De Tomaso Pantera of Keith and Mary-Anne Callinan in full flight.
Story and Photos by Vince Johnson
November 23rd 2008
The twelfth running of the Classic Adelaide Rally coincided with the fortieth anniversary of the Ferrari Daytona, and the Maranello manufacturer marked the occasion by officially recognizing the event. Continue reading the article » » »

A Thanksgiving For Our ContributorsNovember 26th, 2008 Posted in People | No Comments »
Tomorrow is the traditional American day of thanks. VeloceToday has a great deal to be thankful for, and at the top of the list are the many contributors who continue to provide our readers with great stories, articles and images every week of the year. It is they who make VeloceToday what it is.Continue reading the article » » »

2009 Fiat Calendar Now AvailableNovember 26th, 2008 Posted in Fiat | No Comments »

Classic Fiat 2009 Calendar available on Lulu.com as a print on demand publication. Featuring full colour throughout this calendar features some truly classic tipos from the Italian manufacturer including the Barchetta, X1-9, 124 Spider, 850 Coupe, 128 Rally and more. Sized 32cm x 48cm this coil bound calendar is available now by clicking on the following URL (www.lulu.com/content/4872913). Please note that this is not an official Fiat licensed product, it has been created by myself, a life long enthusiast of Italian cars for other enthusiasts to enjoy.
Price Pounds 17.99, Euro 21.48, US$26.98
Hugh Doran

VeloceToday Forum: Documentation In Automotive Historical Books and ArticlesNovember 19th, 2008 Posted in News | 14 Comments »
We are asking for comments from authors, publishers, readers, historians, and others with experience in this subject. Please use the Letters to the Editor section of this post to provide your opinions. The following are a few questions to get the forum going:
Should serious automobile history and biography books and articles include proper documentation such as notes and bibliographies?
Why are the vast majority of automobile books undocumented?
What automotive titles are known to be properly documented?
What kinds of documentation should be used?
Is documenting entirely up to the authors?
What do publishers recommend?
What do readers want?
Does publishing documented works help increase the stature of automobile writers and historians?
Does the lack of proper documentation in automotive history and biography lessen the importance of the work, and author?

Gerelli at Mugello 2008November 19th, 2008 Posted in European | 1 Comment »
Alessandro Gerelli finds variety at the Ferrari Finals at Mugello.

Alfa Racers Impress on Bonneville Salt FlatsNovember 19th, 2008 Posted in Alfa Romeo | 2 Comments »
Story and photos by Jon Paulette

Bonnie, the 222 mph Alfa.

Editor at Large Bringing Home Small FiatNovember 19th, 2008 Posted in Fiat | 4 Comments »

VeloceToday Editor at Large Lorenzo Marchesini is about to leave Budrio, Italy on a 1300 mile trip to Holland, then by ship to the U.S. with his newly restored Fiat 500. Photo by Mario Marchesini.

He hopes to live to write about it for VT. Photo by Mario Marchesini.
Want to read more articles about the Fiat 500?Continue reading the article » » »

Where did they go?
We are working to update our new website with many of our old articles. During the transition you can view old VeloceToday articles on our old site » » ».

VeloceToday Store

Classifieds
Check out what's for sale. Classifieds from Hemmings and Ebay » » »

Paid Advertising

About Us | Contact | Help and Tips | Privacy Policy | Design by Allison Reed | Copyright VeloceToday.com 2008 | Top
The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:
You are subscribed to the following list:
VeloceToday (html)
using the following email:
rickrows at hotmail.com
You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the following URL:
http://velocetoday.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/u/html_list/
If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.
You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:
http://velocetoday.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/list/html_list
If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:
vack at cox.net
The following physical address is associated with this mailing list: