[DeTomaso] Input schaft.

Roland Jaeckel detomaso at gmx.com
Tue Dec 2 16:19:18 EST 2008

Goran,
You didn't miss anything.
Thomas already gave the explanation.
The input shaft uses the chevy spline and is thinner at the end.
But, what is more importand:
The input shaft of the dash 1 box is shorter!
One of the four pieces in the parts catalog is a steel part in the crank,
that makes the crank longer to catch the input shaft.
If you don't have that, the gearbox won't last long.

Roland Jaeckel
DeTomaso Parts Center Europe
www.detomaso.de

As I was installing Peders gearbox I had a hard time getting in place. It dosent really
agreed to accept the disc. It turned out that the dash 1 gerbox of Peder had a 1 1/8"
diameter input schaft!!! AND, a smaller diameter pilot tap.
I thought I missed something, but as I removed my own gearbox today it DID have the
1 1/16" input shaft and the "normal" pilot diameter. Isn`t 1 1/8" the Chevy size?
Hmmmm.
Goran