[DeTomaso] Aluminum flywheel

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Mon Dec 1 13:26:05 EST 2008

I answered Barry in privat here not to overmail the forum. Studs has one
good feature,
it will make it possible to domount without wearing out the aluminium
treads. A bolt with
a shoulder will possition the pressure plate as the shoulder could be given
a tight fit in the
pressurplate holes. Better still is if the shoulder also goes down a little
in the flywheels,
BUT this is provided there is enough material left for treads. We could also
use Helicoils
for a more waerproof situation. Back to the studs issue, if the tread does
NOT have a
short "shoulder" for the pressureplate possitioning, then we probably should
use dowel pins
for this matter.
Goran

I like the idea of studs in an aluminum flywheel too.

What do you thing Goran?

Larry - Cleveland