[DeTomaso] Torquing Ring Gear Bolts

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Aug 29 22:59:32 EDT 2008

So I have the 12-point ring gear bolts from ARP.  A standard crow-foot
adapter doesn't really fit.  A flare-nut style crow-foot of a larger
size will -almost- fit, but not the best.  Well, to do this properly
with the differential still in place, here is -my- solution.

I found that a 3/4" spline drive torque adaptor fits perfectly:
http://tinyurl.com/6d9jq5

The cool thing is, it comes with the center-to-center dimension stamped
right on it.  In this case, 2 inches.  This makes the torque wrench
calculation a lot easier.
http://www.engineersedge.com/manufacturing_spec/torque_wrench_2.htm
or
http://tinyurl.com/63aea3

Just received it today, so I'll probably get after the ZF this weekend.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA