[DeTomaso] Tough times for sports cars

scott black timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 12:49:24 EDT 2008

 Actually, take a look at the numbers.  At the top of their game, about 2000 Vipers sold.  Last year, around 682 or so and almost half the year beyond.
$140 million for a brand that sells about 700 cars a year does not
offer great ROI.  The hardest part about selling a Viper for $75,000 is
that the Z06 is fantastic and much cheaper.

Bloomberg has a great article on the topic, too:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aN.mvhaCL.LU

Scott Black
TimePiece Public Relations
www.tprm-usa.com