[DeTomaso] Overheating update

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Thu Aug 28 05:59:33 EDT 2008

I installed a new mechanical gauge yesterday and filled the system with 80% water (I won't keep it like this for more than 3 wks). I ran the car on rear jacks twice for considerable time. It was a cool afternoon/night and the car never went above 190 deg but.....I think it was running on 5-6 cylinders.
The car is tuned (old efi ) so rich that I foul plugs within a few hundred miles. I'll change the plugs tonight.
Should I run a hotter plug? Will this make them last longer if I'm running rich?
Will