[DeTomaso] Insurance [WAS: Damaged Hood and Decklid]

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 14:47:43 EDT 2008

<<< I have stated value coverage through Hagerty Insurance for 65K, I'm under the impression that if she's a total loss, stolen, burned, etc. then I get a check for 65K without a hassle.  I hope I never find out. >>>

Michael,

Are you sure you have a "Stated Value" policy with Hagerty?  I think their policies are all
"Agreed Value", which means they agree that your car is worth what it's insured for. A
stated value policy typically means that their max exposure is the "stated value" but they
may argue that the car was/is worth much less than the actual insured amount.

FWIW, I have my Pantera insured with Hagerty and it's an "Agreed Value" policy. I know
several club members have had claims with Hagerty and all went very well - they were
professional, easy to work with, and paid out as you would hope/expect.