[DeTomaso] Need help identifying wheels

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:07:41 EDT 2008

Thanks Garth!

The car pictured at http://sites.google.com/site/nwpantera/ is not mine but
it sure looks nice :)  I think he/she is running '17s up front.  The tire
cross section looks a bit small for the 9" wide wheel.

  The only thing I would add for my car is I did not have to use spacers,
but I have an early car so yours may be different.  Also, though the front
wheels are smaller and fill the wheel well pretty nicely, I would get a
collision between tire and lower control arm at full droop if the steering
wheel was at full lock.  Since that almost never happens to me while
driving, I assumed the risk; but be sure when fitting wheels and tires you
check at full jounce and full droop and lock to lock.  You don't want any
surprises there.  Again, our cars vary between each other, so what works for
me may not work for you.

sean

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Garth Rodericks <garth_rodericks at yahoo.com

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '59 Austin A35, '71 Pantera #1382
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso