[DeTomaso] Electro-techno question II: late 74 wiring and Moseleyrelay kit

Dan Mixon tipo874 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 21:03:09 EDT 2008

Chuck,

I have a late '74 and installed Rick's relay kit. It didn't work. Went over
the installation again. Everything was installed properly. I determined my
car had Technical Service Bulletin #14, Article # 117 incorporated and the
modification was incompatible with Rick's relay kit. This TSB installs a
different headlight relay. The Article also shows how to convert an early
relay to the late relay wiring configuration. I reversed the wiring
configuration, changing my late headlight relay wiring configuration to the
early headlight relay wiring configuration. That solved the problem. Rick's
relay kit now works.

To determine if your car has the late '74 headlight relay wiring, compare
the wiring in TSB #14, Article #117, Figure 18 and 19 to your car.

Dan