[DeTomaso] Fw:  Overheating

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 18:13:53 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/25/08 15 08 46, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> I don't remember who mentioned it, but someone said that the fans might be
> turning the wrong direction.  That's a pretty good guess.  It's a guess
> 'cause it's hard to diagnose remotely.  Hell, it's hard to diagnose locally.
>
> The fans on my car were mounted as pushers and were wired backward.  They
> have curved blades, though.  When they run backward, they don't push any air
> at all.  When they turn the right direction, they move some serious air.

More to the point, when fans are wired up backwards, they work reasonably
well when the car is stationary.   That is, fans in front of the car running
backwards work as sucker fans.   But when you are moving down the road, they are
fighting the air that is naturally flowing into the radiator.

But the fact that this car has IR injection and one cylinder bank runs hotter
than the other makes me think it's an engine/fuel delivery/injector problem,
not a fans/cooling system problem.