[DeTomaso] Fw:  Overheating

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 14:11:16 EDT 2008

An improperly installed head gasket blows water like Niagra after about 20
minutes.  Don't ask how I know.  There's no way this is the head gasket
installed backward.

Even if the fuel injection was at fault, it shouldn't cause the engine to
overheat - sometimes.  The radiator should still be able to keep up.

My vote is either, faulty temp gauge or debris in the cooling passages - the
occasional flake getting stuck.

I have a manual autometer temp gauge.  I trust it 100%.  It doesn't rely on
electrical connections, grounds, etc.

You may also have a problem with one bank of injectors leaning out.  I just
don't buy that it's extreme enough to overwhelm the radiator.