[DeTomaso] Silver State Classic Challenge - Sept. 18-21, 2008

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 17:07:58 EDT 2008

Slackers,

  Three + weeks until Silver State!

  See message below from Gail Waldman.  Right now and I have not checked with these guys in about 3 weeks since I left  Nebraska or moved to Sacramento but the list of guys planning or preparing  to drive a Pantera included;

  Veterans Jason Eaton, John Bentley, Rich hoppe, Chuck Brown, Joe Abe, Mad Dawg and Mike Anderson.....and rookies;  Msgt AJ Laughton, Chris Di Fani, John McKee and about a dozen other guys who say every year they are going but can't get past the "I am going to kick your ass" ;-]>

  As Gail says below it is not too late to enter and not too late to run. If you are a rookie I can get you a waiver on driver's school if you have a race license or completed  any sanctioned driving school and have the certificate/proof of attendence.

  Most of us drive/tow directly to Ely on Thursday and skip Vegas on front end. So get your motel in ELY asap....list is on SSCC web site <www.sscc.us>....all the major hotels are full in Ely but the small motels all have some vacancies. Some of us do stop back in Vegas on Sunday for Awards banquet on Sunday night at Sam's Town so don't forget to make reservations.

  If you have any questions call me anytime in evening after 6pm  at 916-215-5573.

  Good Times

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing

Gail Waldman <gailpr at cox.net> wrote:
                 I can’t believe that the event is only 3 ½ weeks away and it is time to send out this reminder!  The phone calls and emails this time of year usually ask if it is too late to register.  The answer is “it is NOT too late to register”!

  SAM’S TOWN HOTEL – The cut-off date for the special price for rooms is September 2, 2008.  These rooms are based on availability so if you haven’t done so, be sure to call and make your reservations.  Phone #877-593-5993 – Group Code #SILI08A

  CAR NUMBERS – I will be ordering them in 1 ½ weeks.  If you want to make sure that your car number decals are “pre-Printed” be sure to get me your entry paperwork.  Otherwise you will have more work than anticipated!

  ENTRY PAPERWORK – if you are paying by Visa or Mastercard you can fax (702-436-1589) me the forms or send via email (gailpr at cox.net).  If you are paying by check you will need to mail them.

  ROOKIES – if you are a first time participant you will need to take the Qualifying School.  Be sure to call Mario Andretti Racing School to make your reservation (702-315-6300 or 702-315-6303).

  TECH OVER 165 – If you are having your car teched for over 165, remember that you will need the Physical Certification form completed by a doctor.

  All Entry Forms can be found http://www.silverstateclassic.com/entryforms/index.htm

  We look forward to seeing you soon!
  Gail Waldman
  SSCC Registration