[DeTomaso] Heater Hoses & Pipes

MyCars MyCars at Comcast.net
Sat Aug 23 02:46:02 EDT 2008

I have to modify the heater pipes that run through the console to the
heater core. Currently my radio hits these pipes an inch before it seats
into it's position in the console.

I've been toying with the idea of cutting these pipes shorter and
running longer flexible hoses to the heater core. But than I would have
to somehow get bump thing/ridge (I don't know the proper term for this)
added to the pipes, to keep the hose and caterpillar clamp from coming
off while under pressure. This is a job that sort of scares me, because
I do not know where to go to get the ridge added to the pipe.

These heater pipes are the last thing to do that is stopping me from
finishing the rest of my interior work!

I was looking at it again a couple of days ago & I had one of those "Wow
I coulda had a V8" moments. I think it would be a lot easier to add two
bends to these pipes, making cutting unnecessary.

My question is: are these pipes bendable? or do you think they may be
brittle?

On a side note, I was also thinking of insulating these pipes in an
attempt to help keep the cabin cooler. Do you think that would help?

Roydon  }8~)>