[DeTomaso] Motor Mounts

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Aug 23 01:35:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/22/08 10:21:58 PM, NSakulen writes:

> Moving the engine back also moves the Trans back.  What does that do to the
> axle shaft angle and does that matter?

Apparently not. In any case, the halfshafts aren't straight as-stock   but
run at a compound angle and go thru quite a bit of up & down movement over each
bump. Since I did this engine shift, the car's gotten close to 2000 miles on
it, including a pretty intense track day at 'Vegas in '07. No bad effects
yet.... With big-block engine installations that have made the drive to 'Vegas
several years, the whole powertrain goes back 4" and they have far more torque
than a 351C! I'd say you're safe with pretty much any amount of backward
movement, within reason. Cheers- J Deryke