[DeTomaso] Motor Mounts

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 23:14:43 EDT 2008

I am 100% sure that my motor mounts place the engine closer forward.

I was discussing the motor mount orientation with John Taphorn during my
last engine install.  I'm sure about the way they go because my driver's
side mount has part of the mount broken off.  I only use 2 of the long
vertical bolts.  I tend to remember which side uses 2 bolts and which uses
3.

I'm not saying that's right.  I'm just saying that's the way it has always
been on my car.

By the way, I have the little piece that broke off.  I'll probably weld it
back together before I put my engine back in.  Of course, once I do that,
I'll forget which way the mounts go.  ;-)

Will.