[DeTomaso] Motor Mounts

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 20:11:49 EDT 2008

Mine position the engine closer to the front.  At least that's the way it
was when I got it.  Who knows?  Maybe they got swapped in its pre-Will
lifetime.

It looks like if they were switched around the transmission mounts wouldn't
line up very well.

So, I guess the real answer is, "whichever works best for you."

If we were doing Vettes or Mustangs, I'm sure there would be only one
"correct" way to do it, probably with a little bit of overspray.

You might get more distributor clearance by moving the engine back an inch
or so, though.

One other idea is to try it both ways.  As long as you haven't hooked up
hoses, lines, headers, etc., it's pretty easy to swap sides - while it's
still hooked up to the hoist.

Will.