[DeTomaso] If the event changed locations

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 19:25:41 EDT 2008

Howdy Ken,
Part of my point IS enabling members to drive to the  event.  Aren't you
looking at this from a So Cal point of view?   We have members all over the
country and even further who rarely have a  chance to attend, drive, or show their
cars because the event has  been traditionally in Vegas.  It is true that the
majority of our  members are out this way, but there is good representation in
Texas,  the East and Florida as well.
It was just an idea to toss around so that the entire burden of  the event
doesn't fall on the same few people year after year, until they  become burnt
out and feel unappreciated (even if that isn't the case). Plus  we don't have to
see the same sights all the time, don't have to drive the  same tracks, or
stay in the same hotel all the time.  With the number of  our chapters (19 or
so) it seems a possible feat.  A city with  a "major" airport is a definite
plus.  Even if we all attended in  Hawaii and didn't have our cars, we could still
have a fantastic  event.  Reno first.. then San Diego, then Hawaii.  See,
it's all  planned : )
If a small committee of 4 has been able to run this  event for years and
years, an entire chapter that is  willing, most certainly should be capable of
planning and  managing a great event.
I see the major points to cover are:
1. Hotel choice, secure parking, a place to show the cars
2.  Time of year and weather conditions
3.  A good rate for attendees
4. Food and beverage for ongoing hospitality and for the  major banquet.
5. The availability of a hospitality suite or hall for  vendors
6. Coordinating the registrants which is now facilitated with the on-line
registration.
7. Awards and trophies
8. Raffle donations
9. Raffle ticket sales
10. Speakers and Guests of Honor (ala the Drewaster)
11. Vendor participation
12. Racing arrangements & all that is involved

Voila!

Laurie

Are[DeTomaso] Lesson from the Vette Set?
Ken  Green _kenn_green  at yahoo.com _
(mailto:detomaso at list.realbig.com?Subject=[DeTomaso]%20Lesson%20from%20the%20Vette%20Set?&In-Reply-To=20080821123343.
7jgt91unkskc4sk0 at webmail.asajay.com)
Thu Aug 21 14:44:03 CDT 2008
____________________________________

I think the distance issue is very different for most Panteras.  Someone
driving a 3 year old Vette or Mustang with great AC and an 8 speaker sound system
is a lot more likely to drive a longer distance.  Driving a car that is a work
in progress across the country is a lot more of an issue.  I know there are
exceptions, but I suspect So Cal to Vegas is about the comfortable limit for a
lot of Pantera owners.

I totally agree with the position that Panteras should be driven, but I think
they are not the best car for a long distance drive.

Ken

deal here.