[DeTomaso] Lesson from the Vette Set?

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Aug 21 15:33:43 EDT 2008

Laurie makes a good point here and one which I can draw another example from.

The International Mustang Club, made up of all kinds of individual
Mustang/Shelby clubs across the northern US and southern Canada, hold
a yearly event, always in a different location.  My local Mustang Club
has held it at least twice in Spokane.  It rotates every year between
the US and Canada. Some years it is well attended, others it is not.
Each year the International Committee gets together and local club
representatives bid to host the show one or two years hence (I forget
exactly).  The winning club then has to execute the event.

Sometimes the competition can be fierce, with two or more clubs having
come up with a great venue, activities, etc.  Other years it's a slam
dunk.  But the point is, the individual clubs have to do all the
planning, coordinating, advertising, etc.  But at least the entire
membership knows over a year in advance, where the next one will be.
So people come to the current one and already know where they will be
going the next year, and they start making plans with friends to see
each other, or not.

I like this idea, but I don't know if there are enough individual POCA
Chapters of sufficient size to really pull this off.  The other thing
that would need to be clearly communicated, is that they may not be
able to pull together a huge event like the Fun Rally has become.  But
the diversity of different venus and events each year could be very
appealing as long as it included certain elements.

Just a thought,
Asa Jay

Quoting LaurieFerrari at aol.com: