[DeTomaso] Lesson from the Vette Set?

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 13:56:49 EDT 2008

Good points... espially when you compare our active 900 members to how many Corvette people?!

  Okay just kidding ;-)  I too like the San Diego idea.....lets now see if someone will take the helm and organize it, support it and put it on a calendar. ;-]>

  Dawg

LaurieFerrari at aol.com wrote:
  The Corvette people just might be smarter in attempts to please all their
members all the time. The NCCC (National Council of Corvette Clubs) has a
different chapter host the National Convention each year. It takes much planning
years in advance for the National Board and the hosting chapter, but the
events are incredible. Each of the conventions includes road and drag races
nearby, all kinds of fun events, rallies, special tours of the areas' landmarks
such as car related sites, tours of museums, wine tasting, golf tournaments,
boat dinners, contests, concours events for judging, etc. and people sign up
for what suits their interests. Sponsors are present and plentiful and there
are vendors galore. That way the men are happy, the women are happy, even
the children are happy as there are youth activities and childcare to boot.
Hosting hotels offer special rates. Kegs of beer, wine, sodas and snacks are
plentiful and included throughout the entire event. Raffle tickets are sold
to support a named charity all year long, even via mail for those who aren't
in attendance, and a Corvette is given away at the event's end. Basically
this is the best effort at keeping all the people happy all the time that I've
ever experienced for such major event planning. The cost of the event is
unbelievably reasonable as well. I've attended these NCCC conventions in Palm
Springs, Cleveland, Orlando, Vegas and even more but I'd have to check my T
shirt collection for a full listing.
Now that I think of it, most of the marque clubs have their annual events in
varied locations each year. So there's an idea for Pantera peoples to
ponder for the future. There a many other places to experience in addition to
Vegas and Reno.

And as far as my survey opinion... I love the San Diego idea; Trevor is
brilliant and right on with all his points. Vegas and Reno are both very nice in
their own ways.(did Jim Nowlin's one year and it was super). My biggest
problem is scheduling. I'd attend if the event took place AFTER the school year
ends (usually the 3rd week of June).
Laurie

deal here.