[DeTomaso] 2009 Fun Rally Location "say NO to Sandy EggO"

Fastgrandma at aol.com Fastgrandma at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 12:30:45 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/21/08 6:37:26 AM, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Are we planning vacations for the wives or the Pantera drivers?

Um, where does it say this not one and the same?   Perhaps your lady doesn't,
but in our household the driving time is done equally if Jack is a good boy
and keeps the car running well!   :)   We've had our car 28 years and I
probably have put a lot more miles on the Pantera than Jack has - yes, I was very
selfish the first couple years since he'd bought the car for me.

It should be remembered that this whole event started when two couples
(meaning two husbands and their wives) set up a weekend trip (yes, that is kind of
like a vacation) from S. Cal and it grew.   Only in the last couple years have
we seen a lack of women which is sad as this should be a fun trip (hence the
name FUN RALLY) and for a lot of us, yes, it is a vacation.   The track event
is only just one of the things that some of us can participate in while
attending the rally.

<Has anyone completed a survey of what is important to the Convention
attendee?  Track, shows, bar, runs, food and etc.>

Yes, there have been surveys at various times and that is again asked in the
one that is in the September Newsletter as well as online.   Be sure to let us
know what is important to you!

Judy