[DeTomaso] 2009 Fun Rally Location

Jim & Emilia jes at riverdeltawireless.com
Thu Aug 21 00:07:37 EDT 2008

Some where in the 10's of emails, someone mentioned that POCA derives a very
large portion of it's annual operating funds from the raffle.  If the event
was moved, even for 1 year, does POCA have a sufficient buffer in the
savings to keep on publishing the newsletters and magazines?  What level of
attendance would be needed so POCA doesn't need to borrow money to stay
alive?

As far a people flying into Reno, there is no need to get an expensive
flight into Reno.  Fly into Sacramento, rent your car, then drive up to
Reno.  It's only 140 miles of freeway driving and a little over 2 hours to
Reno.  Delta has non-stop flights from Atlanta to Sacramento.  It's one of
their "milk" runs, been there done that many times.  I'm sure there are
other flights from the east coast on other airlines, non-stop, into
Sacramento.  Plus, you could join one of the Valley or Bay Area caravans up
to Reno.  We've done exactly the same thing going to the Italian Car day in
Atlanta.  I rode with Jay Curreri and Emilia followed the caravan, in our
rental car, from Charlotte to Atlanta.  Thanks for the ride, Jay, it was
fun!

Just some thoughts, nobody has expressed yet.

Jim

Jim & Emilia Seiferling
Co-Presidents, Capitol Panteras
http://www.capitolpanteras.org
jes at riverdeltawireless.com
#1575 [JHSTBAD]
#7114 [JIMS CAT]

Life goal: To be the person my dog thinks I am.

"You're never too old to do goofy stuff."
                ~Ward Cleaver