[DeTomaso] Edelbrock Aluminum Heads

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 13:05:45 EDT 2008

<<< Is anyone on the list using the new Edelbrock 351 C aluminum heads on their
Pantera engine?  I would be interested in your perspective. >>>

Take a look at the list of DeTomaso exhibitors for this year's Concorso Italiano (included
here in case Concorso takes it down). Terry Morofsky has CHI 3V heads on his car, but
most of the Panteras present with aluminum heads had Edelbrock heads. So, break
out your POCA directory and send some emails to these folks to see who has them and
what they think:
http://www.concorso.com/italian%20corral/italian08.pdf

Galli DeTomaso Mangusta Kentfield CA
Budelli DeTomaso Pantera Folsom CA
Chelini DeTomaso Pantera Rancho Palos Verdes CA
Choate DeTomaso Pantera San Ramon CA
Courtney DeTomaso Pantera La Jolla CA
Cox DeTomaso Pantera Hollywood CA
Finley III DeTomaso Pantera Corpus Christi TX
Graham DeTomaso Pantera Gilbert AZ
Griffin DeTomaso Pantera Morro Bay CA
Hubby DeTomaso Pantera Mesa AZ
Johnson DeTomaso Pantera Gilroy CA
Larsen DeTomaso Pantera Morgan Hill CA
Mallery DeTomaso Pantera Carlsbad CA
Martell DeTomaso Pantera Queen Creek AZ
McAllister DeTomaso Pantera San Mateo CA
Montero DeTomaso Pantera Petaluma CA
Morofsky DeTomaso Pantera Folsom CA
Nowlin DeTomaso Pantera Incline Village NV
Seiferling DeTomaso Pantera Rio Vista CA
Sharp DeTomaso Pantera Morgan Hill CA
Stewart DeTomaso Pantera San Jose CA
Stock DeTomaso Pantera Reno NV
Stockwell DeTomaso Pantera San Pedro CA
Rodericks DeTomaso Pantera (pre-L) San Jose CA
Renshaw Jr DeTomaso Pantera Coupe Martinez CA
Coyne DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S Colton CA

FWIW, I just bought a set of Edelbrock heads for my rebuild. According to my engine
builder and two Pantera vendors, the Edelbrock heads are more than sufficient for a 400-
500hp build. One Pantera vendor I spoke to about my engine and the Edelbrock heads
said that they can be "ported" or "cleaned up" to easily meet the needs of a 500+ hp
engine, but you could spend the same money on another brand that flows better out of the
box. But for less than 500hp, the Edelbrock heads are hard to beat for overall value (price
and performance).

Cheers!
Garth