[DeTomaso]   2009 Fun Rally Location

Fastgrandma at aol.com Fastgrandma at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 01:57:34 EDT 2008

Yep, I'm retired but I invite you to come spend a day at our house.   Its a
full day:

1. feed the cats (you'll not be able to do anything else without stumbling
over them unless you do).
2. being summer, next order of the day is to close the windows that were left
open for the night to cool off the house.   During the cool months, you need
to open the blinds to let the sun in to help warm the house.
3. feed the 5 birds along with cleaning any cages needed.   They all have
various requirements on the food.
4. open the greenhouse and turn on the mister.
5. give the dogs a treat as long as you're outside.
6. put food (romaine, cob corn and zucchini) out for Fred, the Sulcata
tortoise.
7. go out to bring in the daily paper (and garbage tote if its pick-up day)
8. now, and only now, you may be able to pour yourself a cup of coffee.
9. don't forget to check if any of the snake and gecko water dishes need
filing.

Um, next time you go to a tech session, check around for other members that
have respiratory problems; Pam Sharp will no longer come here due to the
elevation.   Vegas area is called high desert but we are really high desert.

I've already said I'm not a shopper (I know, not the usual female) but there
just aren't a lot of things to attract gals to do here.   Yes, we have
beautiful scenery but for a whole weekend?   Yes, I drove the track last year but that
 was only because I had won a free entry; you mentioned being retired - I
can't afford the entry fee!   Just to clarify things, that is only the second
time I have ever visited the track - no matter which one it was - since we've be
en attending the Rally.   After 20 years of autocrossing and working the track
in all kinds of weather, standing around a track in hot weather is not an
attraction.

One may have to travel a bit to get to things from the Orleans but we have to
remember there is the movie house, bowling and many restaurants without
leaving the building.   We have our favorite places to eat in Reno but they require
a car from the downtown area for the most part.

I'll grant you there are some restaurants we might eat at downtown but that
would not be our first choice.

I'm only trying to point out what members can expect which will not be what
can be seen and done in Vegas.

Judy