[DeTomaso] 2009 Fun Rally Location

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 20:39:53 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/18/08 17 28 37, Fastgrandma at aol.com writes:

> Actually Reno is a bit further than 300 miles - its closer to 500, so
> figure
> that into your budget if you plan to drive.

Mapquest says Denver to Reno is 1051 miles, Denver to Reno is 748.

That's all freeway driving, of course.   And who wants to do that????

My personal objection to moving the event to Reno is that it makes it too
close to me!   To me, the drive to and from Las Vegas is at least half the fun,
as long as my tires don't touch a freeway.   All two-lane twisty mountain and
desert back roads makes the 10-12 hour journey a pleasure.

If it moves to Reno it would be all too easy to just hop on the interstate
and get there in two and a half hours, and what fun would that be?   I'll
probably have to go all Tony Harvey on it, and take a purposely roundabout route
through the mountains, back and forth over the various mountain passes so I can
get at least 8-10 hours of quality driving in before I get there. :>)