[DeTomaso] Inspecting a pantera

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Aug 18 19:40:28 EDT 2008

Dear David,

            Well, yes.  Of course, but if you need an expert Pantera
appraiser, then how do you find an experienced one?

             If you were not aware of this list or POCA or PI, then I
suppose that you would contact an appraiser.   Assuming the appraiser was of
good moral character and would truthfully answer questions about his
experience with any specific vintage or exotic car, then you would be fine.
Assuming that an unscrupulous appraiser was questioned, then one might
expect their answers to be less than truthful.

            So, if you're from "out of state" and don't know the local guys
reputations, then I would think that you're never sure what expertise you'll
get in the area of uncommon cars.    If  you know Dan Miller or of the
Forum, then you've got some reliable and objective experts.

            Bottom line: it is good to know the right people.

                            Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles